Covid -19 News:
Due to the ongoing situation I would like to bring to your attention precautions and practices I am taking during this time.
- I am constantly monitoring my own health and will notify immediately if any symptoms occur.
- I am washing my hands before and during the cake baking and decoration process.
- All ingredients and purchsed equipment and decorations are quarentined for 72 hours before use.
- All non edible decorations are sanitised before application to the cake.
- All boxes used for packaging of cakes are wiped down with dettol.
- Collection of cakes is made with the 2m distancing guidelines in place.
- Payment is now only by bank transfer before collection date.
I hope this helps to give you confidence to consider ordering from me. Thank you for your understanding.
Thanks for having a look at my website. All the cakes are made by me. After many years of making cakes for family and friends, I started my home-based business in 2002.
My cakes are a unique gift for that special occasion. Each one is individually designed. They can be sponge-based – many flavours available including plain, lemon, chocolate, coffee, red velvet and carrot, or rich fruit cake covered in marzipan and then iced. The icing used is a soft fondant icing. Gluten free sponges are also available.
Each cake is unique and can be traditional or novelty. Size is discussed to fit with the type of celebration you are planning. I discuss ideas that you may have, that can include picture references or a colour theme, to come up with a truly individual cake. Alternatively you can choose one from the many shown in my galleries.
The design for a wedding cake is very special. I hold design meetings with you that also include tasting cake, so we can achieve exactly what you want for the big day.
I have been baking cakes since childhood and still enjoy the challenge of creating something unique. I am registered under the Food Premises Regulations 1991 and Food Safety Act Regulations 1990 and 1995 with my local council and am inspected regularly. Part of my degree was in Food Science and I hold a City of Guilds Food Science certificate.
Please browse the galleries. You can contact me for further information.